Why We Formed the Coalition
Napa Vision 2050 formed in January 2015 to protect the quality of life for Napa County’s residents and the rich biodiversity of our natural environment for now and for our future generations. Over a dozen neighborhood groups countywide joined forces to:
- Advocate for waterways, clean air, forests, and oak woodlands
- Protect and restore the resilience of our natural environment to meet the challenges of our changing climate.
- Reestablish Napa County’s Definition of Agriculture as “the growing of crops, trees, and livestock”
- Protect and expand lands in Agricultural Preserve and Agricultural Watershed Open Space
- Inform and empower the public to make wise decisions in our government
- Build healthy cities
- Invest in our residents and workers
- Encourage affordable housing, livable wages, walkable downtowns, and public transit
- Balance tourism and our industries with the needs of the local community and our natural environment
Napa Vision 2050 is an Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501(c)(4) public benefit corporation.